Cancel a Booking
- What is the cancellation policy? Is there a charge?
There are no cancellation costs with Centauro Rent a Car if you have booked directly with us and as long as you cancel your booking on our website, which is why we suggest booking early to guarantee availability and the best price.
Using our booking platform on the website, you can easily cancel your reservation without any charge up to 24hours before the scheduled pick-up time of your booking. After this period, no refunds will be applicable.
Please remember that we have reserved a car especially for you, if you are not going to use it, this vehicle could be used for another customer.
In the event of a cancellation, you can choose a coupon to use on future occasions, or a refund of your reservation.
- How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel the reservation directly on our website. Just include the booking number and email address you used when you made the reservation and you then have the option to cancel.
If you cannot cancel your reservation on our website, please contact our Contact Centre using the following form indicating your booking reference number,
- How do I obtain my customer code and password?
You have two options:
1. If you are already a Centauro Rent a Car customer and you don't remember your password, click "My account" -> "Forgot password?" and then enter the details requested. If you get the message "There is not a customer with this e-mail address", please contact us using the form on our website. Please provide your Full name, Passport and/or ID Nº
2. If you are a new customer to Centauro Rent a Car, to get your customer number all you need to do is to go onto our webpage and make a reservation.
You will then receive your customer number and password by email.
- What are the driver requirements regarding age and driving license?
All drivers must be in possession of a full EU-valid driving license for a minimum of 1 year. The minimum age of the driver is 19 and with a minimum of 1 year's experience. For drivers between the ages of 19 & 24 years, you can hire the vehicle by including the additional supplement.
If you are 75 or over, then you will be required to select an additional supplement. This an obligatory supplement is additional to any other type of insurance contracted. Drivers are directly responsible for the validity and approval of their authorization to drive.
Only the following are considered to be valid driving licenses:
- Those issued in accordance with current Spanish, Portuguese, Italian & Greek legislation
- Those issued by member states of the European Union in accordance with community regulations
- Those issued by other countries or those of an international nature that are effectively recognized as valid permissions to drive in Spain/Portugal/Italy/Greece.
The only persons authorized to drive the vehicle are those included as the main or additional driver on the rental contract.
If you wish to add a driver during your trip, you have to go to your nearest Centauro Rent a Car office to include this person on the contract by presenting his/her valid driver's license and the applicable additional driver fee will be charged (charges apply to the full rental period).
Bear in mind that the insurance will not cover incidents caused by unauthorized drivers.
- How can I guarantee the model of my car?
We confirm bookings for a vehicle group, not for a specific model of car, as it is not possible to know the vehicle we are going to hand over to you until your arrival.
However, we do guarantee that it will belong to the car group booked and will have the same features.
- Can I rent more than one vehicle at a time?
No, this is not possible. You can however reserve more than one vehicle, but there must be a different main driver for each vehicle booking and they must be present at the time of collection.
Each driver will be the holder of the contract corresponding to the vehicle he/she shall drive and must meet the basic requirements (hold a valid license for at least a year, provide a credit card in his/her name, etc.).
- If I have lost my license or its renewal is being processed, can I hire a vehicle?
You should check with the authorities of the country where the vehicle will be driven. Drivers are directly responsible for the validity and approval of their authorization to drive.
- I need to change my personal details, how do I do this?
If you need to change any detail of your Centauro account, then go to your personal area. Remember your account is personal and cannot be transferred. If you need further assistance, please contact us using the form on our website. Please provide as much information as possible: Full name, Passport and/or ID Number.
- I need to change some details on my confirmed booking, flight nº, extras etc., how do I do it?
On our website you can view your reservation and add or change the extras, include the flight number, or pre-pay the reservation.
To make any other change you will need to cancel your booking and make a new one. Please note that the price and availability may change.
- Can I return the vehicle to a different office location?
You may return the vehicle to any of Centauro Rent a Car own offices, provided that you advise us when you made your booking. Additional charges will apply for this service.
If the system blocks a booking between different destinations, that means bookings are not permitted between the branches requested.
It is not available for groups B2,D2,G2,G3,G4,P1,P2,P3,P4, H or I, nor is this available between the mainland and/or islands/countries.
In Portugal, it is also not permited for groups F6 and F7.
- The car I've hired isn't big enough for me now. Can I upgrade it?
If you wish to upgrade your car before collection you can either cancel your reservation and make a new booking for the new vehicle type required, or email our contact center depending on the country where your booking is for. Subject to availability. Charges apply.
- Can I add the Smart Cover during the rental period?
No, this is not possible. The Smart cover must be added when making the reservation or when collecting the car.
- I want to return my car when the office is closed. Is that possible? Is there a charge?
Return of the vehicle outside of the office hours is possible at:
Alicante Airport: Available at no extra charge, 24hrs a day
Malaga Airport: Available between the hours of 23:01hrs and 06:59hrs with an extra charge of 40€
Return outside of office hours is not possible at any other location.
Charges may apply if the scheduled return time of the car changes.
- Can I visit a different country with my car hire?
If you are going to travel to another country then you will need to add a special cross border cover at the time of making your reservation.
If your booking is for collection at any of our offices in Spain (mainland), this will allow you to travel to Spain, France, Andorra or Portugal.
If your booking is for collection at any of our offices in Portugal (mainland), this will allow you to travel to Spain or Portugal.
If your booking is for Italy then you can travel to France, Monaco, Switzerland, Austria or San Marino only.
For Greece, it is not permitted to drive outside the country.
Note: Vehicles collected at any of our locations cannot be taken on any ferry to/between/from any islands or countries.