What are cookies?
A Cookie is a file that is downloaded to the User's computer or device when accessing certain web pages. Cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about a user’s or their computer’s browsing habits, among other things and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, they can be employed to recognize the User.
Although cookies do not directly store personal information, they are based on a unique identifier of the user's browser and device. Likewise, these unique identifiers may be related to the user's personal data if the user registers on the website.
Why are cookies important?
Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical point of view, they allow web pages to function in a more agile way that is adapted to the User's preferences, e.g., by storing their language or the currency of their country. In addition, they help website managers to improve the services that they offer, thanks to the statistical information that Cookies gather for their use. Finally, they serve to make the advertising we display more efficient.
What types of cookies are there?
According to the entity managing the domain, there are:
- Own cookies
- Third party cookies: Those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
According to the time period that they remain in the device:
- Session Cookies (which are deleted once the User closes the website).
- Persistent cookies (which are stored permanently until the User deletes them).
According to their purpose, there are:
- Technical Cookies
- Preference or customization Cookies
- Analysis or measurement cookies
- Behavioral advertising Cookies
What types of cookies does Centauro Rent a Car use and what are they purposes?
If you browse Centauro Rent a Car’s website, this means the following types of Cookies can be installed, both own and third-parties, either session or persistent, depending how long the Cookies remain in the User's device:
- Technical Cookies: These are the Cookies that allow the user to browse a web page, platform or application and to utilize its different options or services, e.g., monitoring traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process for an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks. This type of Cookies includes both session and persistent Cookies.
- Analysis or measurement Cookies: These are the Cookies that, when they are processed by us or by third parties, make it possible to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of how the Users utilize the service offered. In order to do this, the browsing on our website is analyzed in order to improve the offering of products or services that we provide. This type of Cookies are persistent.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are Cookies designed and used to manage, as efficiently as possible, the advertising spaces which, where appropriate, have been included on the website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, as well as on other websites, applications or platforms with which Centauro Rent a Car has agreements. These Cookies store information on Users’ behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, and they enable us to develop a specific profile that can be used to display targeted advertising. This type of cookies are persistent.
- Preference or customization cookies: These Cookies allow the User to specify or customize some features of the website’s general options. For example, to define the language, regional settings or browser type. This type of Cookies are persistent.
Who are the recipients of the information? Where are they?
The information collected using Cookies may be employed by Centauro Rent a Car as well as by third-party collaborating companies, such as operators and agents involved in advertising networks and/or advertisers, for the purposes described in the previous section.
Some of these third parties may be located in third countries where the applicable legislation does not offer a level of data protection equivalent to that of Europe; nevertheless the User may consult the appropriate safeguards that they offer to ensure that international data transfers are carried out taking into account the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
The User can find out more information about these third parties, as well as the types of Cookies they install, the purposes for which they process the data, the guarantees offered for carrying out international transfers, the storage periods, and how preferences can be configured with:
In any case, Centauro Rent a Car does not accept responsibility for the veracity and content of the privacy policies offered by these third parties on their websites.
How can preferences be set?
Taking into account the information provided through this Cookies Policy, below we offer the User some information on how to manage the Cookies used on the website by making use of the different options offered by the most common browsers (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera). The "Help" feature on most browsers tells you how to set your browser not to accept cookies, to notify you each time you receive a new cookie, and to completely disable all cookies.
For example, information on how to manage cookie preferences in the most common browsers can be found via the following links:
If the browser is not among the those listed, then the User must consult his browser’s specific documentation.
If you block installation of all cookies on the website, then some its features, as well as some content, may be affected.
Users may contact Centauro Rent a Car at the following e-mail address: [email protected], where they may write to exercise their rights of access, rectification or deletion, limitation of processing, opposition, portability and object to individual automated decisions.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent that the information processed is related solely to codes or unique identifiers for devices or browsers utilized by the Users, and is not related to data that directly identifies the Users, the foregoing rights shall not apply unless the Users provide additional information that allows their identification.